Law 25 concerning the protection of personal information
On September 22, 2022, Law 25 concerning the protection of personal information is gradually beginning to come into force over a period of 3 years. This law affects the standards of practice of healthcare professionals, including psychologists.
As a psychologist and self-employed worker, I will now have the following responsibilities within my clinic:
- Apply the Privacy Act
- Respond to requests relating to personal information (ex. access, rectification, etc.)
- Establish rules of governance related to personal information
- Keep records of the communication of personal information
- Notify the Commission d’accès à l’information of any confidentiality incident involving personal information
- Keep a record of confidentiality incidents involving personal information
Other measures will also be put in place by 2023-2024: more information will follow.
Dre. Francesca Lungescu, Ph.D.
Clinic Privacy Officer